Do you feel stuck, lost, confused, scared, hurt, angry or resentful? Do you have recurring fights? Does your relationship lack affection, intimacy and sex? Do you feel betrayed, distant and afraid to trust?
Relationship counselling can help you:
· Communicate so you can both feel acknowledged and heard
· Recover a sense of connection and intimacy
· Rebuild trust
In spite of loving each other, you and your partner may be engaged in repetitive, cyclical arguments that create anger, resentment, distance and distrust. These maddening cycles can be triggered by little things or unimportant events, but they keep you feeling distant and disconnected.
As you become more distant, you can experience a range of symptoms:
· unexpected physical ailments
· changes in patterns of eating and sleeping
· lack of sexual desire
· moments of deep depression and overwhelming anxiety
This has an impact on family life, social life and ultimately professional performance.
We all find it challenging to be in a long-term relationship. Therapy can help you and your partner restore the safety, affection, laughter and intimacy you once had and help you become “best friends” once again.
Wendy has extensive training and experience in:
· Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy
· Sex therapy
· Helping couples deal with the aftermath of an affair
· Helping couples change unhealthy communication patterns
Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy can help you move from cycles that create distress to healthier patterns that foster a feeling of connection and safety.
For more information or an appointment, call Wendy Trainor at 416.204.0336 or email Wendy.